This list of the 10 B.E.S.T. Skills were compiled through a meta-analysis of many lists of “Top 10 Skills Employers ar looking for” and “The characteristics of innovators” and “21st Century Skills for Education…for Business…for Science, etc. Collaborative Innovation Builds all of these Skills. (The skills are organized by category. However, number next to the skill is where it places in the rank of Top 10.)
- #3 Curiosity Asks good questions, engaged listening, desire to go deeper, ability to stretch the brain and imagine things differently, ability to play
- #4 Integrative Thinking Analyzes complex problems from many perspectives. Makes connections between disparate things
- #8 Traditional cognitive skills Critical thinking and analysis, problem solving analytical skills, ability to organize & prioritize work.
Ecosystems, Networks & People
- #1 Collaboration With those across disciplines, perspectives, experience & knowledge, actively listens, learns from and gets things done in a team, influences and motivates group, networks across groups
- #2 Empathy Understands people and the world from multiple perspectives, able to communicate well, understands the human element in any issue.
- #7 Knowledge Understanding of the real world
- #4 Integrative Thinking Ability to use associative thinking and synthesis to draw insights from multiple perspectives, ability to apply creativity to those insights for breakthrough solutions
- #7 Knowledge Intelligence & smarts, knowledge of your field.
Tenacity, Autonomy & Motivation
- #5 Optimistic Initiative & Persistence Has Purposeful Passion, Intrinsic Motivation, Personal Confidence in Self & Colleagues, has ethics and integrity, believes there is always a solution, keeps trying
- #6 Experimental Exploration and Iterative Failing Relentlessly trying new experiences, bias toward experimentation & action, is resilient, flexible & adaptable